Saturday, September 14, 2013

2013-09-14

We made models of our teeth this week in school. It was a difficult because this was the first time we worked on another person with taking impressions and pouring stone. It's really interesting to see your actual set of teeth and how your teeth occlude together. We didn't have any tests this week, which was great! But we are nearing the end of our courses, so there's a bunch of finals coming up. >< I'm applying to the National Hispanic Health Association scholarship. When I first received it, I thought, "oh, well I do work with a lot of underserved Hispanic population" so I was excited to apply to it. But then somewhere along the way, I talked myself out of it by thoughts like "I'm not hispanic; I don't know much about it". Another classmate reminded me of the deadline that's coming up and I finally decided to just go for it. There's nothing stopping me except myself, so I'm going to apply for it. We'll see what happens. This week's also the one year anniversary of Charlie's passing. I've been feeling weird all week and I figured this is probably why. It also made me really want to adopt a dog, which is a very impractical thought. I can probably care for one, but not the extent the dog needs, since I spend so long at school and studying in general. So in honor of Charlie, I put in an application to volunteer at the local animal rescue shelter. I saw a German Shepherd mix that looks so much like Charlie and went to see her; Too bad, she's already adopted since she's so adorable.
Funny picture sent from my mom: Dad: "Come here!" Marc: "NO!"
And my attempt at Tom Yum soup

No comments: