Sunday, February 2, 2014

2014-02-02 Happy Lunar New Year

Happy Year of the Horse! I haven't updated for a bit so I thought I'd catch you guys up on what I've been doing. I finished my first semester in dental school in December - it was a crazy final week (isn't it always?) and afterwards, I went home to celebrate the holidays. R and I went to London/Amsterdam/Paris for a week and half before I left for Florida again. Europe was very different and my favorite city is Paris - it reminded me a bit of New York City and I kind of liked how I had to try to speak a different language. The food was so good all around and I super super missed being in a large city where I can walk/take public transit instead of driving everywhere. After I got back to Florida, I was a little lost because I had to adjust to suburban/rural life again. But thank goodness my New Jersey roommates came to visit me! I really missed them and we reminisced all of our adventures in the past year. They made me realize that there's more to life than Bradenton and eventually I will be out of here, starting my career in a place of MY choosing. So now I'm more active and planning what I want to achieve in the next few months. I am being more active and doing different types of workouts like Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred and 6 weeks abs. I had a talk with my friend J from my master's program about fitness because I want to take it seriously now. I'm about to turn quarter of a century old in August and I want to feel what it's like to have abs! I will stay on a good meal plan and be consistent with my workouts. I'll keep you guys updated. Again, I hope you all have a wonderful new year and may many prosperous events happen for you!

No comments: