Saturday, October 19, 2013

2013-10-19

This week I haven't done much and I purposely did not do much of anything. It looks about as bad as it sounds. I think all the studying and constant cramming has finally caught up with me which led to my week of not studying after I get home. Part of the problem is the new course that we started doesn't have much structure so I'm not motivated to learn...at all. Now I'm about 10 chapters behind and have to catch up by end of this month (before my midterm). I'm beginning to feel stressed and overwhelmed - why did I do this to myself?? On a good note, my roommate and I hosted game night at the apartment and it was a smashing success! Great potluck + fun games = lots of laughter. My week in lab was kind of exciting. We did a final impression off the edentulous cast and put the wax occlusal rims on the maxillary and mandibular trays. Now the next step is to choose shade and color of the teeth and adjust in patient's mouth. We're only working off of stone models, so no patients yet. ***************************************************************************************
*************************************************************************************** I also did my first promotion event today for PCAT. I researched as much as I could about the PharmD programs and how to apply - it's similar to dschool. I've forgotten how tiring it is to speak for about 3 hours straight. I noticed at the end of the presentation my voice was kind of distorted and I begin slurring words >< Oops. Overall, I did the best I could under the short notice I had to cover for this event. Yay for a little side income. It's not much but better than nothing. Lately, I've also been craving chinese food so much. I dream about it and have lost my appetite for any other type of food. I don't know how to describe it but I'm about to drive far for some decent food because I just miss it.

No comments: